Onyx Game Engine
A downloadable game engine
Program a multiplayer web game entirely in Ruby with Ruby on Rails and Opal!
Use UDP-like fast WebRTC data channels for multiplayer browser games.
No other web game engine does this!
Price now 5 dollars.
- Ruby on Rails backend with ActionCable and WebRTC
- Opal frontend means you can use Ruby to write your client-side game code!
- PixiJS with WebGL rendering for blazing fast 2D graphics in the browser
- P2.js for lightweight 2d physics simulation
- Bump.js included for non-physics based collision detection
- Networked physics with interpolation over WebRTC UDP-like 2-way Data Channels
- Use any database you want
- Easily swap out the renderer or physics library for something else, the entire game engine is implemented in 2 files of Opal, main.js.rb and application.js.rb
Click download now to get access to the following files: